971~registration:Enter code ATLCSM10 for 10% off! |
1330~earlybird:Register by 5/8 to receive $100 off! |
1326~earlybird:Register by 5/15 to receive $100 off! |
1331~earlybird:Register by 5/28 to receive $100 off! |
1328~earlybird:Register by 6/07 to receive $100 off! |
1332~earlybird:Register by 6/19 to receive $100 off! |
1387~earlybird:Register by 6/21 and save $200! |
1391~earlybird:Register by 7/4 and save $200! |
1393~earlybird:Register by 9/13 and save $200! |
1395~earlybird:Register by 6/26 to receive $100 off! |
1396~earlybird:Register by 8/7 to receive $100 off! |
1397~earlybird:Register by 8/21 to receive $100 off! |
1398~earlybird:Register by 9/11 to receive $100 off! |
1399~earlybird:Register by 9/26 to receive $100 off! |
1400~earlybird:Register by 10/15 to receive $100 off! |
1401~earlybird:Register by 11/6 to receive $100 off! |
973~registration:Use the discount code AUMASS15 for 15% off! |
Working Together to Perfect the Art of Software
A Place to Learn, Certify and Teach
Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) - FREE iPad - Chicago, IL
Who Should Attend/Prerequisites
- Product Managers/Business Analysts
- Functional/Operational Managers
- Project Sponsors
- IT Leadership (Managers/Directors/VPs/CIOs/CTOs)
- Anyone interested in learning the benefits of Scrum
Class Size Limit: 20
Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) is an in-depth two day immersion into the world of Agile Product Management. The course is full of practical, real world techniques, which can be implemented immediately at your workplace. This course will allow your organization to enjoy the many advantages Scrum has to offer. Hands-on exercises demonstrate key concepts and let you experience the benefits of Scrum firsthand.
- As a CSPO class participant, I want...
- To explain Scrum’s history, so that I can better appreciate Scrum.
- To explain the importance of having team values, so that I can understand how the team has agreed to work together.
- To list situations where using Scrum is appropriate, so that I can better understand why Scrum will benefit my organization.
- To describe the Scrum framework, so that I can clearly comprehend the Scrum process.
- To describe the roles and responsibilities in Scrum, so that I can understand who does what.
- To select a product, so that I can have a real-world example to base the class exercises on.
- To demonstrate how to create a product vision statement, so that I can establish a guiding light for the product, with the help of my stakeholders.
- To demonstrate how to create a product roadmap, so that I can chart a class for the team and help build consensus with my stakeholders.
- To demonstrate how to establish user roles and personas, so that I can ensure that I don’t miss an important stakeholder’s business need.
- To explain how to seed a product backlog, so that I can quickly establish enough backlog items so that the team can start sprinting.
- To demonstrate how to write user stories, so that I can clearly articulate the who, what, and why behind each backlog item.
- To list how the team will relatively size backlog items, so that I can factor-in implementation complexity, when I assess the overall priority of a backlog item.
- To demonstrate how to quickly assess business value, so that I can establish an initial priority for the backlog items in my product backlog.
- To explain how to tell a good user story from a bad one, so that I can create a better product backlog.
- To list several ways to prioritize my product backlog, so that I can determine what is the best approach for the situation at hand.
- To list and explain the key meetings in Scrum, so that I know what is happening, before, during, and after each sprint.
- To demonstrate how to track team progress, so that I can make more informed prioritization decisions and forecast possible release dates.
- To list and explain the additional meetings recommended for Scrum, so that I can improve the overall efficiency of the Scrum process.
- To demonstrate how to play product box, so that I understand the key features that my customer(s) want(s) in my product.
- To list areas where we might get into trouble, so that I know what to look out for as my organization implements Scrum.
- An open forum to discuss challenging questions about Scrum, so that I can utilize the collective intelligence of the class participants to brainstorm creative ways to solve problems.
- Learn while not being bored and having fun
- Retain more information because of our unique hands-on approach; based on the latest research into brain science
- Be entertained by stories from our real-world experienced and knowledgeable instructors
- Maximize investments already made by gaining valuable Professional Development Units (PDUs)
- Increase your personal worth within your company and in the marketplace
- Apple iPad version 2
- Easy to use reminders of Scrum
- Printed course manual
- Scrum reference card
- Thumbdrive loaded with; articles, course exercises, whitepapers, etc...
- 14 PDUs
- A two year membership to the Scrum Alliance
- The Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) designation (upon successful course completion)
$1647.00 per attendee.
Early Bird Registration - By 07-31-2012 $1547.00 per attendee