Working Together to Perfect the Art of Software
A Place to Learn, Certify and Teach
Certified Scrum Product Owner plus Workshop - Durham, NC November 14-16, 2012
: For Product Owners wanting a jump-start on their development!
Who Should Attend/Prerequisites
Registration and information:
Our Product Owner class should be attended by anyone in a Product Owner role, or community of roles, or stakeholders included in the value stream of feeding features or requirements to the development organization.
This may include traditional roles such as:
- Product Management
- Product Marketing
- Business Analysts
- Functional Analysts
- Line of business sponsors for development projects
- Customer Account Prime
- Any other stakeholder included in the value stream feeding features or requirements to the development organization.
Class Size Limit: 30
Scrum is a simple but powerful Agile framework. Key to its success is the role of the Product Owner, who steers and guides the Scrum project, bridges the gap between end customers, business and development/IT and is responsible for the return on investment (ROI). The Product Owner combines the traditional project and product manager roles in one person.
This two day course PLUS a "roll-up-your-sleeves" workshop day 3 teaches you how to become an effective Product Owner! Our intensive, two-day Certified Scrum Product Owner course offers you a strong foundation in the Scrum framework and agile principles, geared toward the unique Product Owner role. Yet there is more! On day three we will step you through from Vision through Release planning with your own project data. The real-world experience we have allows us to incorporate practical advice and time-tested techniques into this hands-on workshop. This three-day Product Owner course provides everything you need to be an effective customer to a Scrum team. You will learn the essential concepts and tools of Scrum, differences between Agile processes and traditional “waterfall” methodologies, and how your particular role as a business customer will change when interacting with Agile teams. Participants will learn how to effectively manage and prioritize product backlogs, plan releases and sprints, track and report progress, and scale Scrum to program-level efforts.
After completing the course:
-You can apply for a Scrum Alliance CSPO
-You can apply for 16 PMP PDUs with the Project Management Institute, satisfying 16 of the required 21 training hours for the new PMI-ACP (PMI-Agile Certified Practitioner)
Refund policy: 90% of the Scrum Certification course fee will be refunded for cancellations more that 7 days in advance of the course. No refunds will be provided for cancellations within a week of the course.
• Agile Values, Scrum Benefits and Origins
• Scrum roles: The Product Owner, Team, Scrum Master
• Product Owner Characteristics
• A day in the life of the Product Owner
• The Product Owner as the Voice of the Customer and Value Stream Manager
• Understanding the Customer
• Determining the Release Scope
• Story Mapping and User Stories on the Product Backlog
• Prioritizing the Product Backlog
• Refining the Product Backlog
• Defining and Communicating Project Success
• Release Management Strategies
• Estimating Product Backlog Items Using Story Points and Planning Poker
• Choosing the Sprint Length and Determining Velocity
• Creating the Release Plan
• Tracking the Project Progress
• Sprint Workflow and Characteristics
• Formulating Powerful Sprint Goals
• Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Review and Retrospective
• Understanding the Sprint Progress
• Why Portfolio Management Matters
• Portfolio Management Steps
• The Portfolio Bubble Chart
Large and Distributed Scrum Projects:
• Organic Growth and Conway’s Law
• Master Product Backlog and the Product Owner Team
• Multi-team Planning and Coordination
• Shared Norms and Assets
• Distributed Scrum Project Tips
And the workshop! On day 3 we will step through our Blitz Planning technique, we will take you from creating the Product Vision statement through Release Planning start with your project data.
1995 per attendee.
Early Bird Registration - By 10-17-2012 1700 per attendee