Class Size Limit: 30 (Minimum 5)
Plano Certified Scrum Master and Project Start up Workshop:
Scrum Master training provides an applied understanding of the Scrum framework and helps participants begin to develop the tools, insights, and skills requried to apply Scrum on their projects and across their organizations.
Catherine has over 20 years of hands-on complex product development experience (including both software and hardware) which allows her to go well beyond delivering a course of just Scrum in theory. The additional 3rd day workshop enables teams to begin Release Planning.
In this course, participants will learn how to stop thrashing and start executing along with everything necessary for getting started with Scrum. There are very few rules to Scrum so it is important to learn its fundamental principles by experiencing them directly from those who have implemented the best Scrums in the software industry. Participants gain hands-on practice with the release backlog, sprint backlog, the daily Scrum meeting, tracking progress with a burndown chart, and more. Participants experience the Scrum process through a series of hands on exercises, and on day 3 will be given the opportunity to start their Release Planning with their own project data.
Through a combination of immersive team-based learning, exercises, and real-world case studies, you will learn:
* To plan, initiate and lead a Scrum project
* To establish a shared vision for the entire team
* To generate an Agile release plan utilizing user stories and story point estimation
* To enable the Scrum team through planning, review, and retrospective sessions
* To create an environment in which self-managing teams can flourish
* To identify and remove impediments
* To identify, engage and involve business stakeholders in your project
* How to take most existing teams to the next level
* Practical suggestions, not just theory
* And we include a Blitz-planning guide to help teams migrate from Vision to to Release and Sprint Planning.
$1995 per attendee.
Early Bird Registration - By 05/18/2012 $1700 per attendee