Working Together to Perfect the Art of Software
A Place to Learn, Certify and Teach
Free Amazon Gift Card up to $200 with Certified ScrumMaster Training By Heitor Roriz Filho in Richmond, VA (July 31-Aug 1, 2013 â?? 14 PDUs)
Who Should Attend/Prerequisites
Any person who is interested in learning more about Scrum or wants to make Scrum work better for their Team or organization, is encouraged to attend. While the focus of the class is for people who want to learn how to leverage the Scrum framework to bring about change, any member of Team or the organization who is interested in how to use Scrum would find this class useful.
Typical attendees in the past have been functional managers, Team leads, analysts, architects, engineers, software developers, directors, testers and other roles that support product development.
Class Size Limit: 24
The Certified ScrumMaster Training (CSM) course consists of two days
of presentation, group discussion and experiential/interactive exercises
designed to effectively teach Scrum principles and practices.
The value of Scrum comes from doing it, so the class focuses on
action. At the end of the training the participants will have the
confidence and understanding to begin to socialize Scrum at their own
organization and support development teams in improving their processes.
Successful completion of a two-day ScrumMaster Certification course,
taught by a Certified Scrum Trainer, is a requisite for taking the
Certified ScrumMaster exam. Upon completion of the course, attendees are
eligible to take the exam, the successful completion of which results
in the designation of “Certified ScrumMaster” from the Scrum Alliance. *
Attendees of this training are eligible to earn 14 PDUs toward PMI
- Definition of Scrum: Basic Scrum background and framework,
principles and values which ensure the correct understanding of Scrum.
- Scrum theory: The three legs of Scrum theory (transparency,
inspection and adaptation) are explanied. Resultant and fundamental
values are examined in details: responsibility, self-organization and
self-management, sense of urgency, commitment, technical excellence,
rhythm, discipline, respect and courage.
- Scrum framework: The meetings, artifacts and roles that make up the Scrum process.
- Scrum practices:Estimation, planning, user stories, planning poker,
prioritization techniques and other practices which are commonly used in
- Agile Leadership: What is it and why is it important for a ScrumMaster? Common models of Leadership.
- Coaching and facilitation: Coaching definition, coaching scenarios, and facilitation techniques used by ScrumMasters.
- ScrumMaster’s Soft Skills: Helpful hints and techniques for building
high performing teams, conflict management, practical techniques for
the daily work of a ScrumMaster.
- Scrum Evolution: Applying Scrum in more than one project, Scrum with
geographically distributed teams (real cases), Scrum of Scrums, Product
Owner configuration, Scrum beyond software, Scrum and pre-defined
techniques like PMBOK, CMMI.
- Other topics as required by the attendees.
$1300 per attendee.
Early Bird Registration - By 06-30-2013 $1100 per attendee